Technical Services Manager, North America
As the business evolves rapidly in North America, the Technical Services Manager will be expected to, install and train customers on the use and function of existing and future product developments, manage and maintain equipment in the field and that has been returned for repair, coordinate efforts and provide feedback to our technical team in the UK. Long term the Technical Services Manager can expect to manage a team of technicians.
The role will include:
- Traveling to customer sites for installation.
- Providing training to customers on the use of equipment.
- Collecting and articulating feedback from our customer base.
- Attending events such as conferences, seminars, and exhibitions for the purposes of lead generation and promotion of our products.
The Skills and Experience
- BS or AS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (new grads accepted), or equivalent Military training.
- Two or more years of experience preferred.
- A desire to expand knowledge and to learn and apply new skills.
- A passion for optometry, vision, and eye care.
- An aptitude for science and maths.
- Able to effectively work as part of a small team.
- Confidence in dealing with people
- Significantly self-motivated.
- Based in the United States.
- Willing to travel for 75% of working time.
Competitive salary (dependent upon experience), plus Health Insurance and 401K.
Vision/Dental options available.
Software Engineer (.NET, C#, C++), United Kingdom.
As a member of the Software Engineering team, you will:
- develop, implement, and improve the software that runs our new and innovative products.
- help to turn product concepts into market leading products.
- work closely with the R&D and Hardware Engineering teams to create products that seamlessly combine hardware and software.
The Skills and Experience
- a degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other technical disciplines, plus solid experience as a Software Engineer.
- excellent knowledge of the software development cycle and delivering solutions tailored to customer requirements.
- proven competence in developing desktop software with C#, WPF, and Microsoft .NET.
- previously developed software using the MVVM design pattern.
- proven competence in developing web-based software with C# and Microsoft ASP.NET MVC.
- experience with a range of software languages and tools, including C and C++.
- experience developing and managing APIs for data transmission.
- a deep understanding of Entity Framework.
- experience using Git for source code management.
- willingness to learn new technologies and take pride in how fast one can develop software.
- a strong grasp of mathematics and the confidence to apply it.
Experience in the following would be advantageous, but is not essential:
- Atlassian JIRA.
- Xamarin mobile framework.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Control of hardware devices via Serial Port, GPIO, or manufacturer defined APIs.
You will be excited about working in a growing team, the prospect of pioneering medical advances, working with world leading experts and you will have a track record of making things happen. You will be able to deliver to deadlines and work both collectively and independently.
£30k - £40k per annum, dependent upon your level of experience.
In addition, you will have: the chance to work on ground-breaking technology, an excellent work environment, flexible working hours, and a boss who aims be to both friendly and demanding.