Junior R&D Engineer
Eyoto is a technology company developing innovative technology solutions for the medical and ophthalmic industries world-wide.
Our team consists of some of the leading engineers in the ophthalmic industry and has a track record of developing rapid solutions for commercial and research partners.
The current team comprises a mix of R&D, engineering, sales, finance and management. We are a focused, dynamic, and highly motivated team that is making significant improvements to eye care technology throughout the UK, US, and beyond.
As an R&D Engineer you will:
- As part of a collaborative R&D team, develop concepts and prototypes of electro-mechanical, electro optical assemblies of medical devices with a specialism towards eye-tracking and ophthalmic lens mapping technology.
- Take scientific concepts and apply them to physical devices.
- Develop and assess performance of algorithms using Python.
- Make use of Git to manage version control of your work.
- Provide to engineers of other disciplines insight into the mathematical workings of the products you are responsible for.
- Work with other disciplines to develop control and testing systems/software/algorithms for prototypes.
- Design for manufacture and assembly.
- Ensure the devices meet required safety and regulatory requirements as appropriate and all documentation requirements.
- Use rapid prototyping/rapid manufacturing for interactive design development.
- Work with clinicians and scientists for clinical trials of products.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Write/contribute to documents for the device Technical File where appropriate.
- Support patent applications where appropriate.
- Support, from a technical perspective, Eyoto products during the life cycle of the device.
- Develop calibration tests for manufacture.
- Implement a best practice culture of development in line with ISO 13485 continuous improvement principles.
The Skills and Experience
- Graduate Mathematician or Physicist.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to use scientific principles and methods to understand, test, and resolve technical problems that may lie beyond the normal scope of day to day engineering.
- Ability to understand technical drawings, technical documentation and data sheets.
- At least three years’ experience within a multidisciplinary Research and Development environment, ideally working on medical devices.
- A hands on approach to developing and delivering R&D projects in line with the companies technical and commercial goals.
- Professional use of Microsoft packages – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in isolation and as part of a wider team feeding into a bigger picture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of compliance testing requirements.
- Experience of Medical Device design and manufacture.
You will be excited about working in a growing team, the prospect of pioneering medical advances, working with world leading experts and you will have a track record of impactful contributions to R&D projects.
You will be able to manage your projects and time along with the that of the R&D team, deliver to deadlines and work both collaboratively and independently.
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are essential along with the ability to recognise the commercial impact of delivering new projects on time.
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please send a copy of your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.